Truck Driver Sample Resume
Primarily, truck drivers are expected to drive a vehicle from one place to another in order to deliver goods. He/she is expected to drive a vehicle on a schedule over a designated route and ensure the safety and timely delivery of passengers or goods.
Typical activities include:
- Load and unload materials on and off pallets
- Perform checks on materials and equipment being carried
- Drive forklift from one destination to another to ensure delivery of material and equipment
- Ensure all product data is logged appropriately
- Ensure maintenance of forklift on a periodic basis
Truck Driver Resume Tips:
- Mention the kind of goods (e.g.: hazardous goods) that you have been experienced in transporting between different locations
- Highlight the routes you are familiar with
- Mention any special certifications undertaken by you, e.g.: for road safety, fork lifting
Truck Driver Salary:
As per U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, the median annual wage for Truck Drivers was $38,200 in 2012
Dependable and dedicated heavy haul truck driver. A career spanning 6 years of truck and trailer driving experience, gained skills across a wide spectrum of stringent parameters.
Excellence Transport Services
- Drive a semi-trailer to transport heavy loads averaging 80 stops per week across 13 cities within the state.
- Analyze shipping tags and check the accuracy of inventory deliverables at all points of delivery.
- Mastered the operation of the Four-Wheel Forklift to load and unload heavy goods from the trailer.
- Ensure Federal Motor Carrier Safety Regulations compliance while driving.
- Gaining expertise in transporting hazardous materials to different locations with special experience in navigating tactfully through thick city traffic.
- Adhere to regulations to stay violation-free and maintain parking rules to restrict parking tickets to a maximum of 0.2/month.
- Operated a heavy-haul truck to transport construction materials across 15 cities over a period of 5 months.
- Ensured prompt and speedy service to customers with long standing commercial accounts with Alliance Motors.
- Supervised unloading of shipments to offset employee theft and minimise fraudulent claims over missing products.
- Responsible for getting authorized signatures of customers on product invoices upon order delivery.
- Coordinated vehicle inspections on a monthly basis and troubleshooted truck malfunctions while on the road.
- Assisted the warehouse delivery collectors in the unloading of goods using a Pallet Jack and forklift.
- Built positive customer relationships with primary contacts at each delivery point and helped address service issues.
Christ Church School
- Experienced in steep-slope and hilly terrain driving.
- Well acquainted with the highway routes in and around Illinois, Iowa, Wisconsin and Indiana.
- Free from eye conditions like colour blindness and night blindness and can see up to 15 miles clearly during night time driving.
- Adept at customer service and maintaining excellent client relations.
- CDL Class A Driver's License
- Federal Motor Carrier Safety Regulations Compliant
- FMCSA Hazardous Materials (HM) Program Trained
- HOS Regulations Compliant
Truck Driver Sample Resume Format, Truck Driver Sample Resume, Truck Driver Resume Example