Flight Attendant Sample Resume
Flight attendants provide personal services to ensure the safety and comfort of airline passengers.
Typical activities include:
- Attend preflight briefings on details of the flight
- Ensure that adequate supplies of refreshments and emergency equipment are on board
- Assist in cleaning the cabin between flights
- Demonstrate the use of safety and emergency equipment
- Ensure all passengers have seatbelts fastened and ensure other safety requirements are met
- Serve, and sometimes sell, beverages, meals, or snacks
- Take care of passengers’ needs, particularly those with special needs
Flight Attendant Resume Tips:
- Be specific about the kind of duties performed earlier during your role as a flight attendant
- Mention about the additional trainings (like CPR, etc.) that you may have undertaken over and above your cabin crew training
- Highlight your area of expertise such as long distance flight management, customer support, etc
- Elaborate on strengths such as the knowledge of multiple languages
Flight Attendant Salary:
As per U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, the median annual wage for Flight Attendants was $37,240 in 2012
4 years of dependable service with Virgin Atlantic Airlines; trained at delivering premium customer service and maintaining order over long-distance flights, specializing in international flights.
Virgin Atlantic Airlines
Assistant Crew Member
- Ensure that each passenger is on the proper flight and in the proper seat.
- Assist in carefully maintaining and drafting the flight service schedule.
- Check the passenger manifest against each passenger aboard a flight.
- Attend to the personal needs of each passenger, especially those with special medical needs, needing critical care during the course of the flight.
- Acquaint the onboard passengers with the safety information to ensure safety compliance.
- Stay updated on weather, visibility, routes, emergency procedures and the number of passengers traveling by being a part of the pre-flight briefing sessions.
- Ensure that food, beverages, blankets, emergency equipment, and other medical supplies are aboard and in adequate supply.
- Maintain a ledger for on-board finances.
- Make periodic checks to ensure passenger comfort and hand out reading material, headphones, pillows, cotton swabs and blankets upon request.
Virgin Atlantic Airlines
January 2011 to October 2011
- Trained in the partner hospital chain: Apollo Hospitals in CPR (Cardio-Pulmonary Resuscitation) and AED (Automatic External Defibrillator).
- Participated in a 2 month long self-defense program.
- Trained in etiquette and customer-service.
- Attended a diction and pronunciation course to ameliorate speaking skills.
Virgin Atlantic Training Academy
Diploma in Aviation Hospitality
January 2010 to December 2010
- Trained in first-aid and CPR.
- Experienced in working with government officials and getting a speedy resolution on passenger manifest issues.
- Part of the Worldwide Virgin Atlantic Forum on in-flight hospitality and safety.
- Fluent in English, Spanish, French, German and Mandarin.
- Initiated a user-friendly expense tracking system inclusive of stocking details leading to efficient management of on-board stock.
- In conjunction with the Chief-Steward, created a manual for safety protocols for economy passengers for the usage of various on-board entertainment systems.
- Awarded the "Most Hospitable Staff" Award in 2012 and 2014.
- Served as a member of the "Best Support Team" award recipient crew in 2013 and 2014.
- Association of Flight Attendants-CWA (2012-Present)
- Air Line Stewardesses Association-ALSA (2013-Present)
Flight Attendant Sample Resume Format, Flight Attendant Sample Resume, Flight Attendant Resume Example