Nursing Sample Resume
Nurses provide medical and nursing care to patients suffering from physical or mental illness, either in the hospital, at home or in other settings.
Typical job responsibilities include:
- taking care of nursing requirements
- providing pre- and post- operation care
- monitoring the health of a patient and administering medication in a timely manner
Qualifications usually include – a three-year diploma course or a three-to-four-year degree course.
Nursing Resume Tips
- Provide specific details of your duties and accomplishments in your Nursing experience. You should include information about unit type (ICU, ER, TELE, MS etc) and facililty type (Long Term Care, Senior Nursing Facility etc). Also mention the total number of beds at the facilities you have worked previously.
- Write Nursing License and Certification details including license type, licensing state/body, expiration date and license number.
- Mention Nursing education details including specific degree ( e.g. ADN, ASN, BSN, MSN etc).
- List out all the languages you know.
- Include information about your professional affiliations.
Registered Nurses Salary
As per U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, the median annual wage for registered nurses was $65,470 in 2012.
Compassionate, reliable, certified nursing assistant with 2.5 years of experience in caring for disabled, elderly and memory impaired individuals. Excellent client care with great interpersonal communication skills. Flexible work hours, available on weekends and holidays as well.
Bright Star New Braunfels
- Provided critical care to 10 patients at a time in the ICU and acutely monitored their cardiographical stats
- Mentored 15 new nurses by launching a training and shadowing program, helping them achieve professional expertise; increased operational efficiency by introducing the rotation shift system for the trainee nurses
- Initiated and maintained multi-disciplinary treatment plans, and made sure that all elements are reviewed and revised as required by departmental policy and regulatory standards
- Attended daily patient rounds, shared professional knowledge, and made appropriate recommendations regarding clinical and programmatic needs of patients
Graceland Assisted Living Garden Ridge
June 2011 to December 2013
- Fostered a comfortable environment for the elderly and arranged for various social gatherings to keep patients light hearted and entertained
Made skilled nursing observations of client health status by monitoring and documenting vital signs, pulse, presence of edema, heart and lung auscultation, blood and urine laboratory values, intake and output, consciousness and orientation levels; completed health histories and evaluations, and assessed living arrangements
Emory University, Atlanta, GA
Master's degree in Nursing (GPA: 3.4)
- Secretary of the Student Nursing Association
- Organised a National Conference for aspiring Nurses in association with MediCorp Ltd. on "Evolution of Modern Technology in Nursing Science"
- Presented a paper at the 16th Annual International Research Congress, Dublin, Ireland on “Predictive Variables of Success for NCLEX-RN in Baccalaureate Nursing Students”
CNA License, Austin RN License #907623, Current - 2015, Critical Care Registered Nurse, Certification #40962, Current - 2016 , Neonatal Resuscitation Certification, Current - 2015, American Heart Association CPR Certification, Current - 2017
Languages Known: English, Spanish, German, French, Mandarin, Have completed an intermediate level dietician course
Nursing Sample Resume Format, Nursing Sample Resume, Nursing Resume Example