Accounting Sample Resume
Accountants are responsible for the firm's finances as they are expected to maintain detailed records of financial accounts while ensuring compliance with tax regulations.
Typical activities entail:
- Creating monthly financial reports
- Preparing reports, budgets and financial plans
- Forecasting future financial scenarios
- Administering payrolls
Accountants and Auditors Salary
As per U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, the median annual wage for accountants and auditors was $63,550 in 2012.
Looking for a work from home finance job? Check out these remote finance jobs listed on Resumonk.
Professional CPA with over three years of experience managing accounts following accounting best practices to ensure healthy financial performance of the firm.
Sinclair Broadcast Group, Hunt Valley
- Prepared time sensitive footnotes (which included preparing financial statements) and items for annual 10-K, quarterly 10-Q and proxy to be filed with the Securities and Exchange Commission in order to maintain filing status and subsequently maintain financial operations
- Created Board Book for Board of Directors under the supervision of the Controller and Director of Financial Reporting
- Prepared consolidated film and fixed asset roll forwards for 61 stations, 9 subsidiaries and 1 parent company, and analyzed and explained any material differences
- Ensured that work papers were prepared monthly and quarterly in accordance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles, internal control policies and SOX regulations
- Performed analysis of film revenue/payments and NRV (Net Realizable Value) Reports
- Used Oracle financial management system and Microsoft Excel and Word to create reports and perform account analysis
Trans Health, Sparks
January 2012 to April 2013
- Analyzed and interpreted financial data on income statements and made recommendations on how to control cost.
- Helped develop training manual and designed PowerPoint presentation for new accrual process.
- Trained new Business Office Managers and A/P persons at facility on accounting procedures.
- Performed account analysis to ensure that expenses were coded correctly for reimbursement purposes.
- Prepared and evaluated cost versus revenue for patients to help marketing develop a target market.
Villa Julie College
Masters in Forensic Accounting (GPA:3.59)
- Awarded the Honour Badge for being a consistent performer
Notre Dame College
B.Sc Accounting (GPA: 3.7)
- Graduated in the top 10% of class
Accounting Sample Resume, Accounting Resume Example, Accounting Resume Format