Headquarters: New York, NY
What you will do
- Actively assist the Sales teams in pre-sales engineering responsibilities
- Lead as a domain expert in Privacy and Engineering to the sales team and act as technical lead on strategic client relationships
- Lead pre-sales engineering activities including technical discovery, tech stack assessment, technical value proposition, architectural guidance, sales campaign support and ongoing client relationships.
- Establish and maintain a deep understanding of the overall Ethyca technology portfolio and the competitive landscape.
- Help foster an environment for ongoing strategic customer success
- Work closely with key client executive decision makers on product evaluations and open source tools to ensure the solutions/products meets client objectives
Who you are
- A self-starting software engineer at heart. 5+ years Technical Pre-Sales / Sales Engineering experience or equivalent experience - practitioners are welcome as well
Empathetic to our customers and their needs. You’ve been in a customer-forward role for 1-3 years as a technical resource and are able to lead conversations with confidence. Customers demand a lot from a data privacy compliance product. We are here to first ensure that our customers are compliant with data protection laws.
B.S. degree in an engineering or similar program from an accredited college / university preferred or equivalent experience
- Strong knowledge of modern database and cloud native technologies such as SQL, NoSQL, Docker, Kubernetes, and general expertise across cloud providers (AWS, GCP, Azure)
- Proficiency with infrastructure-as-code tools such as Terraform to quickly prototype solutions
Experience with selling software products or solutions to dynamic companies
- Ability to work well in a highly dynamic / team environment that focuses on providing above industry standard customer service
- An egoless, yet expert technical liaison between Ethyca product engineering team and Ethyca’s prospects.
We are hiring US-based candidates for this remote role with a preference toward candidates in the NYC area as the role will require East coast working hours.
- Competitive cash and equity compensation
- 100% medical and dental insurance coverage for you and your dependent(s)
- Remote-friendly office hours and vacation policy
- Sponsored company lunches and events
- Parental leave and 401K plan
We are an equal opportunity employer and are committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion. We do not discriminate on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, or any other protected characteristics.
Ethyca is a distributed team with headquarters in NYC and remote workers across the US. When it’s safe to meet again, you’ll have the opportunity to travel to NYC a few times a year for company events. We are currently unable to sponsor visas so require that you are authorized to work in the USA.
We’re a data privacy company building a missing piece of the Internet’s infrastructure: the trust layer that empowers users and businesses to manage data respectfully. Every day, we’re solving challenges for customers and thinking about the future of human rights as society increasingly moves online. If this sounds intriguing and you’re excited to shape that future with us, we’d love to talk to you!
To apply: https://weworkremotely.com/remote-jobs/ethyca-sales-solutions-engineer