Headquarters: North Carolina
Honestly’s Director, Development is an essential part of its senior leadership team. This role is the face of Honestly’s digital practice, shepherding that process from start to finish. They’re the leader for both clients and the internal team when it comes to development’s role in great work, great client experience and great operations.
The director of the development team, responsibilities will cover both day-to-day management as well as ongoing leadership through coaching and development. Even in the director role, we expect hands-on and strong technical skills. You lead by example and will build up your team's talent and abilities. The digital team at Honestly serves clients in both new builds (web apps, mobile apps, and websites) and support.
- Lead a team of front-end, back-end and full-stack engineers and developers; including both full-time staff, contract staff and external partners
- Work alongside other company directors to develop overall business strategies and advise on technical progression in particular, sharing performance updates and suggesting new areas of improvement
- Monitor the progress of projects and performance of employees to ensure that high technical standards are being met, work is completed efficiently, and hard work is rewarded
- Collaborate with team members to scope projects and present solutions to clients.
- Communicate the technical vision of the company internally to staff and externally to potential clients and others in the industry
- Guide the lead support engineer and customer success manager to ensure technical support is delivered effectively and efficiently
- Serve as a billable leader in client interactions and on projects in a consulting capacity
- Represent Honestly’s digital team at the senior leadership level
- Collaborate in the development of strategy, roadmaps, and appropriate technology choices, staying up to date on industry trends, tools, and technologies and keeping innovation at the forefront.
- Devise technical solutions aligned to business strategy, providing direction and support to the engineering and operational teams that must deliver and support these solutions.
- Be a resource for clients, leadership and makers on digital projects from start to finish
- Guide project development between teams during all phases of its lifecycle, from new build to support to post-launch feature changes.
- Ensure all digital projects contribute to:
- Quality work
- Excellent client experiences
- Operational success
- Ensure development deliverables are tested, meet best practices and are well-vetted before being deployed
- Serve as a mentor to Honestly’s digital team, providing career guidance and professional development
- Serve as the direct manager for Honestly’s digital team members
- Build and nurture strong relationships with development collaborators and partners alike, helping them understand and embrace Honestly’s direction
- Identify opportunities, problems and trends among members of the digital team
- Work closely with Honestly’s Engagement Leads to select, assign, deploy and propel digital team resources as necessary
- Communicate clearly, frequently and thoroughly with Engagement Leads to help Honestly and its clients see around corners
- Craft and uphold the standard for Honestly’s development product
- Be the driver of the process, evolving our digital process to make client projects successful and set our team up to deliver
- Participate in senior leadership planning and strategic initiatives
- Represent Honestly's best interests in interactions with Honestly clients, colleagues, digital collaborators and other contacts
- Collaborate on business development activities including networking; attending prospect meetings; assisting with engagement summaries and proposals; and helping address other sales need
- Excellent communicator - both written & verbal
- Resourceful problem solver - willing to dig in & troubleshoot
- Works well with different personalities
- Cultivates & shares a perspective based on knowledge & experience
- Comfortable with a combination of hands-on work & leadership
The team at Honestly is made of people who embrace and strive for the following attributes:
- Confident and humble
- Self-starting and team-oriented
- Encouraging and truthful
- Overly prepared and flexible
- Focused and approachable
To apply: https://weworkremotely.com/remote-jobs/honestly-director-development