Recent College Graduate Resume
A recent college graduate student seeking a job would typically be expected to display domain-specific skills in a technology-driven business set up.
Typical activities would include:
- Applying acquired skills on the assigned project and tasks
- Understanding the business requirement and justification of using specific technology
- Studying market statistics and accordingly adapting the application of graduate knowledge to create customer-friendly products
Recent College Graduate Resume Tips:
- Mention your specific area of interest and expertise
- Mention past industry experience, if any
- If you have any specific requirements from the job that you seek, in terms of location preference, etc., do make sure that you put that in as well
Recent College Graduate Salary
As per U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, the median annual wage for recent college graduates (in Economics) was $91,860 in 2012.
Graduated (December, 2014) in Economics from the University of Virginia with majors in Public Economics.
University of Virginia
Bachelor of Science (CGPA: 3.96)
April 2012 to December 2014
Yorktown High School
High School (GPA: 9.27/10)
School of Public Policy and Urban Affairs, Northeastern University
University Representative for the Cross-Research Program
- Focused on understanding pressing socio-economic and environmental problems.
- Provided statistics-based measures for progressive economic development, effective governance, adaptation to the effects of climate change, and pressing issues of diversity and social inequality.
International Center for Research on Women Washington, DC - United States
July 2013 to September 2013
- Performed data analysis and a statistical evaluation of the ICRW's Gender, Economic Empowerment and Livelihoods portfolio.
- Analysed critical issues, understood program monitoring and impact evaluation, aided in technical assistance across a range of economic and gender issues under the supervision of an immediate mentor.
- Acquired insight into using advanced quantitative research methods.
- Helped identify business development opportunities and the scope for expansion of the Gender, Economic Empowerment and Livelihoods Portfolio.
- Paper Presentation, Association for Public Economic Theory Annual Conference, 2014
- Paper Presentation, 15th International Conference on Public Economics, 2014
- Journal Publication, The National Bureau of Economic Research, 2013
- Editor-in-Chief, Economically Correct (University of Virginia's official economics newsletter) from 2013-2014.
- Convenor for "Economatics, 2013", an annual forum for the interaction of the current UV students with the UV alumni established in this field.
- Tutored middle school and high school students in mathematics and english as a part of the "Giving Back to The Community" program started by UV in 2010.
- Statistics and Accounting Series
- Econometrics (worked with SPSS, SASS and OxMetrics)
- Labor Law and International Trade Policy
- Public and Urban Economics
Recent College Graduate Sample Resume Format, Recent College Graduate Sample Resume, Recent College Graduate Resume Example