Headquarters: Boston, MA
Do you want to be part of a high-growth, mission-based start-up that is making a difference for women? Look no further. reacHIRE is changing the trajectory for women in the workplace by partnering with forward-thinking companies to create gender-diverse environments where women thrive, advance, lead, and stay.
As our UX/UI Interaction Designer, you will be responsible for an integral part of the development and delivery of our core B2B/B2C product, Aurora, a digital platform designed to help women early in their careers thrive and rise. We’re building some exciting new features from the ground up, and we want a UX/UI Interaction Designer to help us figure out how those products should look and function.
This is a remote contracting role for 15-20 hours per week for 12-16 weeks, with the possibility to extend if it’s a good fit on both sides. We can be flexible on hours and duration for the right candidate.
This UX/UI Interaction Designer role will likely include the following tasks, among others:
- Creating wireframes, mocks, and eventually pixel-perfect spec sheets to hand off to the development team.
- Creating consistent designs across mobile and web.
- Creating UI components such as buttons or switches that are on-brand and utilize established design patterns.
- Creating and/or working within an established design language.
- Presenting designs to stakeholders and iterating based on feedback from the team and business requirements.
- Convincing non-designers why a design is good or bad.
- Using Sketch, Figma, or similar tools to collaboratively create low-fidelity mocks with the team.
- Researching similar products and designs to help make the best design choices for our products.
- Working with developers directly to clarify a design or figure out low-cost alternatives if a design is difficult to implement.
We’re flexible for the right candidate, but the following qualifications are preferred:
- 5+ years of industry experience on web or mobile products, with at least 2 in UI/UX/interaction design.
- Strong knowledge of current web/mobile design patterns across multiple OS platforms (including web, iOS, and Android)
- Familiarity with design standards. E.g., accessibility pertaining to color theory, typography, contrast, and other areas.
- Light visual design skills for creating buttons, icons, or other tasks requiring manipulation of images.
- Bachelor’s degree in Design, HCI, or similar (or equivalent experience).
- A portfolio of relevant work samples
- Bonus points if you’ve worked on chat or Q&A products such as Slack, Discord, Quora, Stack Overflow, or similar.
To apply: https://weworkremotely.com/remote-jobs/reachire-ux-ui-interaction-designer