Headquarters: London, England
You will be involved in developing our core invoice collection automation web application. This will comprise integrating with third party accounting software, writing our back-end architecture to store and manipulate user data, and developing innovative features within the application.
You will have an entrepreneurial and empathetic mindset that propels you to commit to delving deep into the user experience, the challenges they face and how to improve the product. You'll also come with strong collaboration skills, and the ability to document proper requirements for short term and long-term projects.
Software Engineer job responsibilities:
- Develops information systems by designing, developing, and installing software solutions.
- Determines operational feasibility by evaluating analysis, problem definition, requirements, solution development, and proposed solutions.
- Develops software solutions by studying information needs, conferring with users, and studying systems flow, data usage, and work processes.
- Investigates problem areas.
- Follows the software development lifecycle.
- Documents and demonstrates solutions by developing documentation, flowcharts, layouts, diagrams, charts, code comments and clear code.
- Prepares and installs solutions by determining and designing system specifications, standards, and programming.
- Improves operations by conducting systems analysis and recommending changes in policies and procedures.
- Obtains and licenses software by obtaining required information from vendors, recommending purchases, and testing and approving products.
- Protects operations by keeping information confidential.
- Provides information by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing development and service issues.
- Accomplishes engineering and organization mission by completing related results as needed.
Education, Experience, and Licensing Requirements:
- Proficiency in Node.js
- Experience with MongoDB or other non-relational databases
- Experience with messaging frameworks (RabbitMQ, Kafka or similar)
- 3-5+ years of professional software development experience
- Experience serving as technical lead throughout the full software development lifecycle, from conception, architecture definition, detailed design, scoping, planning, implementation, testing to documentation, delivery and maintenance is preferred
- Knowledge of professional software engineering and best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
- Experience in development of distributed/scalable systems and high-volume transaction applications
The team you’ll be joining
We believe in a world where all businesses have the confidence that they will get paid for their work. We’re an international team all focused on making a huge difference in credit control so we have lots of ideas and are incredibly driven. We support and care about each other, are incredibly honest with our feedback and work together to achieve our weekly targets. There’s no room for egos, the only agenda is making sure everything we do is to the best of our abilities and we smash our team targets!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status.
- Competitive salary
- Share options
- Company pension scheme
- 25 days holiday
- Opportunity to join a fast-growing but close-knit team in a hugely exciting industry
To apply: https://weworkremotely.com/remote-jobs/chaser-software-engineer