The product support engineer plays a vital role in the ongoing improvement of our training and certification products and services by leveraging their problem-solving skills, technical experience, and excellent communication abilities to bridge the gap between front-line customer support and our product-focused engineering teams.
While this role is heavily support focused you will be encouraged to leverage software engineering skills and practices combined with cutting-edge technologies to help solve support related problems that occur by triaging, diagnosing, and contributing to solutions to help the support team be successful in the mission to improve the overall customer experience.Â
Key responsibilities and expectations:
- Understanding:Â Learn about our products, and services to understand issues facing our customers in order to better provide support.
- Customer Service Liaison:Â Respond to escalated technical inquiries from customer service and , and resolve complex issues that enable customer service to respond to candidate reports by leveraging technical troubleshooting skills to deliver accurate solutions in a timely manner.
- Problem Diagnosis:Â Analyze and diagnose reported technical problems. Utilize a variety of diagnostic tools and methodologies to identify root causes and provide effective solutions. Work closely with the SRE to assist in improving monitoring and observability platforms as well as identify opportunities to automate processes and implement the relevant solutions.
- Escalation and Collaboration:Â Collaborate with Level 1 support engineers, as well as Level 3 Certification Product and Platform Engineering teams to find the best solution for the customer. Collaborate on problem-solving strategies and share knowledge to improve overall support efficiency.
- Documentation:Â Contribute to the creation and maintenance of comprehensive technical documentation, including knowledge-based articles, troubleshooting guides,Â best practices, and process documentation.Â
- Continuous Improvement:Â Participate in regular technical training sessions to stay up-to-date with product updates and enhancements. Proactively identify areas for process improvement and contribute to initiatives aimed at enhancing support quality and efficiency.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or a related field (or equivalent experience or certifications).
- Experience in a technical support role, preferably in a Level 2 capacity.
- Proficiency in diagnosing and troubleshooting technical issues related to software applications, systems, and networks. Particularly HTTP/S based application
- Strong knowledge of the Linux operating system, basic knowledge and experience with OS X and Windows is sufficient.
- Strong scripting skills in shell and python. Able to follow and debug basic programs. Knowing how to solve issues using debugging tools is highly advantageous.
- Familiarity with software development processes and tooling, continuous delivery, source control tools, git etc.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to explain technical concepts to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Customer-focused mindset with a strong commitment to obtain the best outcome for customers.
- Strong problem-solving skills, analytical thinking, and attention to detail.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a collaborative team.
- Knowledge and experience with AWS, Datadog (or similar), Kubernetes, and build systems such as GitHub Actions or Circle CI.
- IncludeÂ links to your online work samples with your resume
- Familiarity with open source software (Tip: for free trainingÂ LFD102)
- Experience using Linux or Linux Foundation projects (Tip: for free trainingÂ LFS101)
Salary levels vary according to the location of the individual.