I’m Michel, the Head of Product at TestGorilla. We’re a fast-growing HR tech startup
that helps teams make better hiring decisions faster and bias-free.
Over the past year, we’ve experienced tremendous growth. More than 5,700 companies have replaced CVs with our assessments to screen candidates in an unbiased and data-driven way.
As we scale our efforts in 2022 and beyond, we’re looking for a Product Designer who’s passionate about creating amazing product experiences and helping people land dream jobs.
What’s in it for you?
- Helping shape a fast-growing HR tech startup as an early employee
- Fully remote position with bright, motivated, and friendly colleagues around the world
- Competitive salary + Share appreciation rights (SARs)
- Flexible hours and vacation
- Paid parental leave
- Remote working budget: €1,000 per year
- Learning and development budget: 3.5% of salary
The job in a nutshell
As a Product Designer, you’ll be responsible for creating products that help hundreds of thousands of users around the world land their dream job.
You’ll work on identifying and solving complex design problems, work together with your cross-functional team to shape them to the best experience possible out there and make sure that what gets shipped matches our design standards.
This is an amazing opportunity for a Product Designer that is looking to embark on an entrepreneurial journey and is ready to put a dent in the universe!
You’ll spend time on the following:
- Work through design problems from beginning to end: unpacking the problem, ideating new products and features, prototyping, user validation and finally creating detailed interactions to handover to engineering.
- Sketch and prototype ideas to assess viability of a solution early on in the design process
- Validate design solutions with our different target audiences, using both qualitative and quantitative methods
- Iterate on feedback from your cross-functional team
- Collaborate with engineers as they build and ship
Here's what we are looking for:
- You are inspired by our mission of people in dream jobs
- You are aligned with our values
- You have a Product Design or UI/UX design portfolio with multiple case studies of products you worked on
- You can think through complex interaction problems with a systematic approach and attention to detail
- You have experience creating complex interaction design, user experiences, flows and prototypes with high-fidelity visuals
- You are able to discuss and explain your design decisions and back them up by applying customer insights and business metrics
- You are comfortable giving and taking feedback and applying feedback to final designs
- You can handle multiple projects at the same time and are able to adjust priorities as our business needs change
- You are comfortable with ambiguity and thrive in the fast-paced environment of an early-stage startup that is operating remotely around the globe
- You have strong collaboration and relationship-building skills that allow you to build cross-functional relationships
We typically expect candidates with at least 2 y. of experience in a Product Designer role to have the skills mentioned above.
Bonus points if…
- You have experience working in a high-growth product-led startup
- You have domain experience working in HR-tech and/or SaaS
We don’t offer rainbow glitter unicorns or dog-friendly offices (we literally don’t have an office), but we do offer real people, solid core values, and a product meant to give everyone a fair, unbiased chance at their dream jobs.
Here at TestGorilla, we eat our own dog food. We use our assessment platform to make sure we make the best hiring decisions, faster and bias-free.
So if this role sounds like a good fit for you, I’d like you to take an assessment so we can get a better idea about whether you would fit the role. It’s also a great opportunity for you to get to know our product!
If you’re hired, I’ll do everything I can to help you succeed at TestGorilla and throughout the rest of your career.
To apply: https://weworkremotely.com/remote-jobs/testgorilla-product-designer