Headquarters: Elgin, IL
We are looking for a Web Developer with at least 5 years of full-time development experience to join our growing team. You will have the opportunity to work on a wide variety of projects and have a great team to support you in your professional growth.
The majority of your days will be spent hand coding design files (Sketch/XD/Photoshop > Zeplin) into fully functional custom WordPress sites. The skillset we are looking for is weighted heavily towards interface development (SCSS/JS/HTML), but will also require some basic familiarity with PHP/MySQL. While this is a full-stack position, we’ve found most of the challenge is in responsive interface development using a combination of JS and SASS. We are a small team of developers and you would be an integral part of our team immediately. We know the common frustrations that developers face and we work to remove those roadblocks so you can focus on what you do best.
As developers we like clear lists, so here are a couple that help outline whether we’d be a good fit to work together…
- You are confident in digesting complex design files and creating responsive interfaces from them.
- You understand what it’s like to work at a boutique firm and have some ability to interface with clients if need be (on specific technical conversations).
- You understand how responsive website development affects the user-interface of a site and have worked with solutions to implement.
- You understand the CSS box-model and how the various positioning properties are applied to build a complex layout.
- You have an efficient test and correct approach when troubleshooting issues.
- You understand PHP and MySQL at some level and have implemented some basic sites using a content management platform.
- We believe in creating exceptional sites and enjoy pushing the limits of what is possible.
- We enjoy a flexible work environment with an efficient remote work setup.
- We are always busy (as good devs are) and we love what we do.
- Our clients are design agencies, school districts, universities, and other large organizations so you will gain great experience building exceptional user experiences.
- We love getting things done and use Basecamp to stay organized.
1. Please send an email to [email protected]
with your resume, as well as, your three best live website examples of your work. We’d request these to be hand coded examples without templates or frameworks being used.
2. Provide a cover-letter explaining why you feel you’d be a good fit for this position.
3. All candidates will be given a technical assessment as well as a trial period so please don’t apply if you don’t meet all these criteria.
NO RECRUITERS and CONTINENTAL USA CANDIDATES ONLY.
Look forward to talking with you soon!
Job Type: Full-time
Pay Range DOE ~ $50,000.00 – $65,000.00 per year
To apply: https://weworkremotely.com/remote-jobs/floodlight-design-mid-level-full-stack-web-developer