Headquarters: Houston, TX
ABOUT TRIPPY THE TRAVELING UKULELE
With the help of its human (Alex), Trippy the Traveling Ukulele is attempting to be the 1st musical instrument in history to play music in every country in the world. Trippy will partner with musicians and artists in every country, while telling stories along the way. You can follow Trippy’s adventures on Instagram
, and Tiktok
Throughout the project, Alex and Trippy will also help raise money for the international non-profit UNICEF
, which does incredible work in 190 countries. They have the goal of raising $1 million for Unicef over the course of 10 years, starting in 2023.
Alex is a former Marketing Executive at a Fortune 100 company and has almost 20 years of experience creating and executing fun viral projects that have been featured in places like the New York Times, Forbes, and TED.com.
Trippy and Alex are looking for an energetic, passionate, kind-hearted Social Media/Digital Marketing Assistant to help with day-to-day management of Trippy’s social media platforms. This position is 100% fully remote and can easily grow into higher-paying roles and responsibilities as the project evolves.
- Administrative support: answering emails, flagging media requests, helping to schedule meetings with musicians, artists, sponsors, etc.
- Social Media content management: helping respond to comments, helping to upload and schedule videos and posts, and helping to maintain and execute a consistent editorial schedule.
- Marketing/PR campaign execution: work with Trippy’s team to brainstorm and execute fun and out-of-the box marketing + PR campaigns around the world.
- Assist members of the marketing team with content development ideas.
- Either a 4-year college degree in Business Administration, Marketing, or relevant experience that directly helps with the role.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
- Excellent organizational and time-management skills.
- Ability to work well independently as well as within a team.
- Ability to work hard under tight deadlines, but also know when to take breaks to avoid burnout. This project is a marathon, not a sprint (where consistency is more important than speed).
- 2-3+ years of relevant experience preferred, but not necessary for candidates who are highly motivated and excited to learn the behind-the-scenes of the travel influencer industry.
- Positive, creative, transparent, and kind in your words and actions. Uninterested in a “conventional” life path.
- Authorized to work in the US.
- Bonus: An interest in music, travel, and social media
- Bonus: Knowledge of Google suite + Adobe programs like Photoshop and Illustrator, or Canva.
- Bonus: Experience with video editing and photography.
ABOUT THE JOB
- Salary range: $60k-$70k USD/year, possibly more depending on experience.
- Fully paid travel (flights + housing) covered if/when candidate wants to join Trippy’s team on adventures around the world.
- 100% fully remote + paid coworking membership plan (if/when needed).
- Mandatory 15-day paid vacation (so you can truly rest and recharge).
- Yearly wellness and professional development stipend.
To apply: https://weworkremotely.com/remote-jobs/trippy-the-traveling-ukulele-marketing-social-media-assistant