We are seeking a Data Scientist ( Python) with the training and curiosity to make big-data discoveries, build the resources necessary to enable those discoveries, to be responsible for coordinating activities.
- Develop end-to-end Python-based production pipelines to serve machine learning models
- Design and monitor KPIs to monitor the health of our software systems
- Create data applications using Python web frameworks such as FastAPI to deploy algorithms and models
- Design and construct analytical and production data marts for reporting & analytics
- Collaborate with data scientists, business analysts, and management to build our next generation of business intelligence suite
- Perform ad hoc data analysis using SQL and MongoDB to analyze high-volume, high-dimensionality data from various sources
- Support and maintain existing data software products, applications and interfaces
- Write reusable, testable, and efficient code and integrate multiple data sources and databases
- Bachelor's or Masterâs degree in Computer Science, Data Science, Statistics, or a related field.
- - 5+ years of experience working with state-of-the-art supervised and unsupervised machine learning algorithms on real world problems.
- - Strong foundational knowledge in a variety of ML approaches and techniques, ranging from neural nets to Bayesian methods.
- - Experience in constructing semantic textual similarity pipelines, utilizing embedding techniques and natural language processing.
- - Expertise in applying LLMs, prompt design, and fine-tuning techniques.
- - Familiarity with graph and vector databases.
- - Past experience in with the healthcare industry is a plus.
Technology Skills / Strengths
- Flask/FastAPI frameworks
- Production pipelines
- MongoDB or other non-relational databases
- REST API design and microservices
So, if you are a Python/Data Engineer with experience, please apply today!
A bit of info about who we are:
We are a Bio-IT startup based in San Francisco and India, backed by two of the largest health care institutional investors: 8vc (https://8vc.com/bio-it) and Optum / United Health Group (Fortune #5 company). We are an innovator in clinical research execution and work with some of the largest pharma companies to accelerate their medical innovations to market. We are currently in stealth mode and have a limited web presence, but we have recently raised over $30mn from our Seed/Series A, which is one of the largest funding rounds in our industry. Our founders are successful serial entrepreneurs, with three of their past companies leading to IPOs (VMware, MobileIron) or exits (LexentBio acquired by Roche).