You + Helix
Helix is a place where innovators and doers gather in order to drive significant progress in population genomics. We have come together to work at the intersection of clinical care, research, and genomics.
If youâre excited by the idea of making a meaningful impact and joining a team where we pride ourselves on driving innovation through fostering an environment with an emphasis on empowering one another to grow, Helix might be the place for you!
Helix + The World
Helix is the leading population genomics and viral surveillance company. Helix enables health systems, public health organizations and life science companies to accelerate the integration of genomic data into patient care and public health decision making.
We are continuing to scale our world-class team to support our dedication to empowering every person to improve their life through DNA.
As a DevOps Engineer, you will:
- Extend patterns for managing cloud infrastructure and supporting product teams.
- Provision cloud infrastructure (on AWS) for a service, web site or application using infrastructure-as-code frameworks (Terraform, CDK, CloudFormation, etc.).
- Collaborate with product managers, scientists, and other engineers to implement required infrastructure, continuous delivery (CI/CD) pipelines, and monitoring.
- Build for reliability and scale across users and health systems.
- Work closely with the Security team to ensure the applications and solutions designed and deployed are secure and compliant.
- 5 + years development experience in go, python, typescript, or a similar language.
- Familiarity with linux system administration, including bash or other shell scripting.
- Experience using public cloud platforms - AWS, GCP, Azure.
- Experience using infrastructure-as-code frameworks (Terraform, CDK, CloudFormation, etc.)
- Affinity for an engineering culture that emphasizes Agile, DevOps, and continuous delivery
- Bachelor/Master of Science in Computer Science
- Hands-on experience with full-stack development (UI, API, Database)
- Familiarity with regulated software systems (HIPAA, FDA, etc.)
Whatâs important to us:
- Curiosity â we are all passionate about the possibilities enabled by having access to your own genome
- Responsibility â we have an obligation to people and our partners to operate with highly credible research guided by well respected advisors, with clear and effective communication about our products
- Agility â flexibility and a desire to be nimble, smart, and effective are important to the Helix culture
- Follow-through â weâre building a diverse team with amazing track records of achievement in multidisciplinary environments
What Helix has to offer you:
Aside from working alongside brilliant, dedicated, passionate, down-to-earth, curious, warm, and thoughtful people, we also provide great benefits:
- Competitive compensation, Comprehensive Health insurance package including employer sponsored HSA
- 12 weeks of Maternity or Paternity leave
- 401(k) with employer matching and 100% vested on first day
- Comprehensive Well Being benefits
- Flexible PTO
Helix is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and committed to providing employment opportunities regardless of race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, childbirth and breastfeeding, age, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, or any other protected classification, in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.