Headquarters: Walnut, CA
"Shogun, and we're on a mission to help people create the best eCommerce experiences in the world.
We were in the Winter 2018 batch of Y-Combinator, we just raised a Series A investment, we have over 10,000 active paying clients, and we're preparing to launch a new product in 2020 (you can read more in Tech Crunch
Our teams are fully distributed and global (check out our team page
)! We have no office, so we are looking for team members that are comfortable with and motivated by the opportunity to work remotely. "
A highly analytical thinker with an audience-first mindset that’s well-versed in the ecommerce industry for the role of Content Marketing Manager. You should be an expert in understanding consumer trends and uncovering the needs of our audience that can be addressed through thoughtful content (written, video and audio content). You also understand content lead funnels and how to convert readers into customers and utilize data in formulating a campaign strategy.
The Content Marketing Manager will manage a team of content creators and work closely with a team of illustrators.
In This Role You Will...
- Orchestrate digital content strategies across all online platforms by implementing and managing a strong content calendar.
- Serve as main editorial POC owner writing customer case studies, industry briefs, white papers, and other long-form assets
- Create partnerships with co-marketing and tech partners to develop campaigns and bring awareness to Shogun Frontend.
- Manage and author content with creative resources and SME's to support the audience journeys for targeted customer segments
- Ensure brand consistency in style, quality, and tone of voice
- Drive top-of-funnel awareness and acquisition among target audiences.
- Plan, produce and execute integrated content campaigns across all owned marketing channels.
- Oversee the creation of content developing a scalable approach to drive speed, innovation, and iteration
- Drive traffic and engagement that translates to sales and brand promotion.
- Measuring the results of marketing activity to inform future marketing campaigns.
- Manage a team of writers and illustrators.
- Implement SEO best practices.
- Provide strategic communications counsel in partnership with the executive team.
- Know which platform different kinds of content are best suited to.
- Design and implement creative marketing strategies to disseminate content.
- Well-versed in the ecommerce industry, constantly following industry trends and keeping up with the latest technologies.
- Possessing an editorial mindset that seeks to understand what audiences consume and how to connect with them
- Demonstrably strong in leadership and project management skills in order to manage project timelines and cross-functional teams with excellence in execution and strong attention to details.
- Able to develop innovative and inspiring creative solutions and experiences that span across web, mobile, video, and social
- Experienced with online community building.
- Data-driven and highly analytical.
- Proficient with Google Analytics and Webflow.
- Proficient with social media analytics.
- Excellent written and verbal communication.
- Passion for crafting great stories that produce results
- Strong collaboration skills, including the ability to work cross-functionally
- High level of initiative and self-motivation; entrepreneurial
- Competitive salary
- Benefits (vary by location)
- A highly skilled and dedicated team that is fun to work with.
- Remote work – We are a fully distributed team that works from anywhere with good internet.
- Occasionally, we hire on a full time contractor basis to begin with. Team members enjoy the same opportunities for great compensation, full time positions, and consideration, regardless of location.
Work in the open: Operate with high integrity and choose what's right over what's easy. Be transparent as a company and with each other.
People are People: Treat yourself, colleagues, and customers with dignity, empathy, and respect. Start from a presumption of positive intent.
Win and grow together: Strive to be the best, individually and as a team. Support and encourage each other. Seek opportunities for growth.
Shogun supports workplace diversity and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender identity/expression, national origin, age, military service eligibility, veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status, physical or mental disability, or any other protected class
To apply: https://weworkremotely.com/remote-jobs/shogun-content-marketing-manager