(Remote, Full-Time, Anywhere in the World)
Automation is becoming increasingly important in the world we live in. It helps businesses to better serve their customers, properly organize their employees, and minimize human error in their operations. At Deep Consulting Solutions we make automation solutions to organize and manage small niche companies and enable them to grow big while staying effective and delivering their best service.
Do you want to be part of a no-nonsense consultancy that grows successful and effective businesses with effective software solutions? Our Global Consulting Team is looking for Accounting Procedures & Processes Analysts to create effective accounting procedures for our clients' businesses for the purpose of developing custom software solutions that will execute such processes. We need flexible and organized thinkers, passionate about accounting automation with good understanding of accounting processes and procedures in small businesses and practical experience in implementing them.
What We Do
We find niche and successful small companies who have problems running their complex internal productions as they scale. The first thing that we do for them is effectively re-organize their operational processes so that they can most effectively attract, service and retain their customers and run their internal production in the way most optimal for quality and profitability. The second thing we do is build and implement a software solution that will administer and enforce the new and improved operation model.
Accounting is a very critical part of the process improvement and automation that we provide to our clients. Most of our clients have a very manual and usually disorganized accounting process when we first meet them, as it is hard for them to manually conduct proper accounting at their scale. Since we digitally organize and mostly automate their business processes, it becomes possible for us to create effective accounting procedures and then develop automation that will run them to ensure that the proper accounting process will be followed every time and minimal manual effort will be needed to administer it. Therefore, upon having studied the client's business, and developed optimal business processes, our Consulting Team designs effective and mostly automatic accounting processes (AR, AP, Payroll, Inventory, etc.) and reporting systems that our Software Team then implements in the customized ERP software solution that we use in the client project.
What You Will Do
As the Accounting Procedures and Processes Analyst, you will work in our consulting team to create accounting procedures and processes for our clients' business operations, then document these processes in order for the software team to develop the necessary automation, and verify that the accounting procedures are properly implemented. Your main goal will be to ensure our client adopts an effective set of accounting procedures and processes that will allow them to properly track their financials, report on and pay taxes, and conduct as little manual accounting administration as possible. You will be provided with detailed business analysis of each client's business and will need to study it along with the client's current accounting procedures in order to execute on the above. You will work together with Business Analysts from our Consulting Team to develop business processes and procedures, and with members of our Software Team to develop accounting software automations.
In doing so, you will:
- Study the client's business operation and its context, along with applicable regulations, taxes and industry specifics;
- Investigate and evaluate the client's current accounting processes for its effectiveness;
- Develop effective accounting procedures to support the business model, streamline the accounting administration, and provide effective reporting.
- Set up the basic configurations of the accounting ERP system, such as Chart of Accounts, Reporting Rules, Access Permissions, etc.
- Document detailed accounting processes for all transactional sequences (creating transactions, journal entries, etc.) used in accounting related business operations (Accounts Receivable, Accounts Payable, Inventory Management, Manufacturing, Tax, Payroll, etc.).
- Work together with the Software Team to develop detailed requirements for all ERP automations; verifying that the proper automation has been implemented.
- Migrate and if necessary clean up the clients old entries from their old accounting systems.
- Do anything else you deem necessary to accomplish your result.
We have a tight business to run and our jobs require a certain commitment to results and willingness to accept responsibility for the individual actions on the part of our employees. Therefore, we require all of our candidates to:
- Understand that an activity by itself is useless unless it produces a useful outcome;
- Be ready to self-organize and self-manage and make own decisions about what to do in order to deliver the result;
- Be willing to re-examine approaches and methods when results suggest that current approaches aren't working;
- Be willing to endure hard work to achieve success and not expect instant gratification;
- Approach matters rigorously and analytically;
- Proactively come up with solutions and follow their implementation without supervision;
- Act on the above.
The following skills/experience will be necessary:
- Strong understanding of accounting procedures within various industries, including manufacturing and service businesses;
- Experience in analyzing and evaluating accounting processes used by companies;
- Experience in instituting effective accounting procedures in areas such as AR, AP, Payroll, Manufacturing / Inventory Management, and Tax;
- Experience in setting up and administering western style accounting ERP systems (such as QuickBooks, Netsuite, Sage, MS Dynamics, Zoho Books, etc.);
- Strong analytical and reasoning skills, ability to solve complex problems, ability to explain complicated concepts in a simple way;
- Good verbal and written English to communicate with our international team.
The following will help:
- Experience with highly automated ERP systems and the use of automated accounting processes in complex businesses, such as Manufacturing;
- Experience in working with software teams developing accounting automation and accounting software.
What We Offer
High Performance Oriented Management
The organization is consistently and constantly managed for performance and results. High performers are rewarded. Excuses are not accepted and employees who make them are ejected. Long, unnecessary, bloviating meetings do not exist. Direct, quick and clear feedback is given on everybody's work. The owner personally manages the business and there is little to no middle management present. If you prove yourself to be a reliable and effective employee, you will have all the necessary authority, resources, etc. made available to you in order to deliver your results.
Results Based Compensation
Successful projects and results you deliver serve as the basis for financial bonuses. There is a base pay, however, it is expected that team members work beyond the minimal requirements and be rewarded for exceptional results delivered.
You can work from anywhere and at a time that best suits your preferences provided that you can deliver results. There isn't a 9-6 or any other hourly schedule in place and there are no time logs made. There also do not exist any time-wasting activities and everybody's time is respected. That being said, the amount of work that you'll need to put in to get results will by all means make this a full time job and require a full time professional commitment from you.
Opportunities to Practically Develop and Enhance Your Expertise
We work with many complex and niche companies and our approach requires both a deep understanding of specific industries and effective applications of software in various business contexts, which you will develop quickly. Every project will show you real and meaningful results and provide an opportunity to see how your software solutions perform in real business.
Growth Within Our Organization
Our organization is dynamic, growing, and quite new. Employees who prove themselves to be responsible, effective, and motivated will have the opportunities to take increasing responsibilities as the company develops.
Our candidate selection process is designed to objectively assess people's ability to deliver. We do not have long and pointless rounds of interviews filled with hypothetical questions and we do not make decisions solely by looking at somebody's resume. Instead, we follow the below sequence:
1. Job Application Form.
2. Pre-Screening Online Skills Assessment.
3. Short Interview.
4. Practical Test Assignment.
5. Evaluation of the Assignment and Decision on Hire.
To apply: https://weworkremotely.com/remote-jobs/deep-consulting-solutions-accounting-procedures-processes-analyst