Headquarters: Pleasanton, CA
About the role
We're seeking a Senior Product Designer to design software and web experiences that help scientists make life-changing discoveries and advance human health. Our products, used by all of the top 100 academic institutions and all of the top 20 pharmaceutical companies, allow researchers to understand differences at the individual cell level and develop solutions like targeted disease therapy, modified immune cells, and more. As a Senior Product Designer you’ll get to work on complex product challenges and develop novel designs for our cloud and software products.
If you enjoy building and designing products from the ground up, join us in making a real impact in cancer research and people’s lives.
About the 10x Genomics Product Design Team
What you will be doing
- Drive the design of impactful features that accelerate scientific research across the world. Your work will directly accelerate the speed of disease-curing discoveries.
- Work deeply with engineering, product management, and QA to build and launch high quality features. We have a modern tech stack, built on React, Go, and Typescript.
- Create concepts and designs in Figma, contributing to our 10x Design System.
- Gather user requirements (features, usability considerations, pain points) and conduct user research sessions.
- Take part in crafting strategy and roadmap across our software portfolio.
What we’re looking for
- You enjoy working on complex UX challenges.
- You think design extends beyond just the screen, and enjoy thinking about holistic user workflows.
- You have a generalist skill set, love to learn and share new things, and enjoy working with other generalists.
- You have some technical skills and enjoy making use of them.
We know people are what make a team and company great, and care about building a supportive environment for you to grow. Here are some of the perks we provide:
- Our Software Product team has a remote friendly culture, and supports people who want to or need to work from home.
- We pay competitively, which includes a strong base, equity, annual bonus, and annual equity refreshes.
- We have a wonderful HQ that’s right off of BART in Pleasanton, CA with free daily lunch and unlimited snacks, a satellite office in San Francisco, CA, and offices around the globe.
- We offer comprehensive, full-coverage health plans, life insurance, and 401(k).
To apply: https://weworkremotely.com/remote-jobs/10x-genomics-senior-product-ux-designer