What the role is:
We are looking for an Engineering Manager based in Chennai or Remote - India. This is a new role within the growing Engineering function, where you will be responsible for leading a team of talented professionals, assisting them to deliver complex technical solutions across a range of teams. The successful candidate will be comfortable directing, planning and coordinating the team, as well as developing overall concepts for new and existing products and processes. This role is integral to the successful growth of the team as well as wider company performance.
What youâll do:
- Play the role of a servant leader in helping the team to excel in the areas of ownership and help to continuously raise the bar on performance.
- Perform your responsibilities through delegation, empowerment and influence aimed at delivering long term outcomes for the team and business.
- Build, manage and grow one or more engineering team(s), foster Agile practices and continuous improvement, enable engineers to build, test, deliver and operate high-level software products across the company
- Cultivate a hands-on technical approach to management, leveraging your software engineering experience to assist product needs and build
- Work with our Product, DevOps, and Data Science functions on articulating roadmaps & ensure a high quality and timely implementation to support our mission and help eliminate identity fraud
- Join a mission-orientated company, solving real-world fraud and identity based challenges
- Facilitate career growth and success for all team members
What youâll bring:
- 10+ years of demonstrated deep technical design and programming skills (in individual capacity) designing and delivering enterprise grade distributed systems in one of the following tooling; Java, C++ or Scala
- 2+ years prior experience managing one or more Agile engineering team(s); contributing to a track record of building complex and technical products, ideally within a start-up or fast scaling environment
- Track record of having managed performance cycles of engineers of varying experience levels directly reporting to you.
- Experience with building software with Agility and in conformity to security standards (ISO 27001)
- Experience delivering and operating complex software solutions - understanding the end-to-end needs of what is involved within this process
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity of all kinds at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.