Shift gives individuals and teams from enterprise media companies, agencies, and brands access to a secure ecosystem that embraces the unique needs of creators and eliminates compromises. With offices in Los Angeles’ Silicon Beach and Boston’s Seaport District, Shift makes great content possible everywhere.
About the Role
Shift is seeking an Engineering Lead to focus on the management of releases across our product and platform teams. This position would improve our release management function through strong communication, coordination, and process automation.
Who You Are
You are an engineer who has a knack for coordination. You are seen as a strong collaborator and great communicator on your team and have experience making complex processes simple. You are focused on getting improvements to your customers and put effort into making sure you have a plan to get there. You like to automate manual processes and love seeing the engineering machine run cleanly.
What You’ll Do
- Champion the constant improvement or Shift release management & quality
- Manage a team responsible for our release pipeline and quality functions
- Own the full release management lifecycle which includes communication, cross team coordination and scheduling, branch management, and test coordination. Work with engineering contributors to resolve conflicts.
- Work with product and engineering teams to coordinate releases and identify risks and make sure technical interdependencies are met
- Understand and communicate the impact of change to code and schedules
- Develop and maintain a release calendar and release dashboards to monitor production issues, trends
- Establish and uphold new and existing release management processes
- Automate manual processes by building and maintaining first class tooling that improves the release management lifecycle. Develop scripts and automation tools used to merge, build, and deploy software to various environments
- Regularly manage and coordinate test, beta, and production environments and branches to support review and testing
- Comply with change management processes in support of our regulatory and security policies
Experience and Skills
- You have at least 5+ years of professional software development experience
- You have at least 2+ years of management experience in leading a team or direct experience leading projects
- You have excellent interpersonal skills and are a great written and verbal communicator
- Working knowledge of Java or another OO language
- You have experience in automation and building support tooling for development workflows
- You are able to work independently toward strategic goals
What Might Make You Successful In This Role
- You are motivated by the needs of your users
- You are respectful toward your team. You believe that you can learn from the people around you.
- You prefer iteration over perfection and decisiveness to over-analysis.
- You strive to create exceptional work and adhere to a high standard for quality
- You are open, honest, and direct
- You are a collaborative team member and enjoy working together toward a common solution
- You have a life and a career
Be sure to mention the words OUTDONE BRICK KEEP when applying to show you read the job post completely. This is a beta feature to avoid spam applicants. Companies can search these words to find applicants that read this and see they’re human.
Salary and compensation
$60,000 — $100,000/year