Jam.ggÂ is a social and low tech-friendly cloud gaming platform. It has been designed to be accessible to everyone: available directly from a web browser, it does not require a high-speed internet connection to provide a seamless multiplayer game experience.Â Jam.gg is all about bringing people together through games, with a touch of childhood playfulness and creativity.Â
We are led by an experienced team of ex Google, Twitter, Amazon, Docker, EA, King and other top tech companies.Â Jam.gg is a YCombinator company and backed by top VC firms and LEGO Ventures and has already established itself as a new go-to platform for cloud gaming in some countries.
Weâre at the stage where weâre scaling our Studio Department as one of our key units. This is an incredible opportunity to join a booming company. Driven by a strong inclusive culture, we welcome self-starting, fast learning, talented people wishing to start and manage unique, and challenging projects where collaboration (internal and external) is everything.
We are looking for a talented Art Director to join our growing Studio team.
Location:Â The candidate must be based in Europe within +/- 2 hours of CET time zone.
Start date: As soon as possible
What you will be doing:
- You will be in charge of setting and upholding the overall art direction, that's aligned with the company vision, for a new and groundbreaking game.
- You will mentor/develop a small team of talented and independent artists, optimally staffing it to fit the production needs.
- You'll work very hands-on during the whole game development process, setting the standard for the other artists to follow.
- As a part of the development team, you will enjoy a creative, challenging and collaborative environment, where your ideas will be every bit as valued as your art expertise.
What we are looking for:
- Proven professional experience with the pre-production phase of game development and establishing art direction from scratch.
- Strong leadership skills and experience managing and developing teams.
- Thorough understanding of the whole 3D production pipeline, and all the tools required for it.
- Experience both with character and environment sculpting and modeling.
- Good eye for color and lighting.
- Good knowledge of technical constraints of mobile development and asset optimization.Â
- Good knowledge of open-world MMO-style games.
Desirable additional skills:
- Technical Art background and/or experience of working inside Unity - specifically VFX, lighting and shaders.
- Experience with 3D rigging and animation
- Knowledgeable about UI/UX design principles and wireframe creation
- Experience with not only working remotely, but also remotely managing teams of artists.
- External production and outsourcing experience
- Experience with cel shading / toon-shading art styles
- Unlimited holiday leave (minimum 5 weeks).
- Monthly well-being allowance (mental well-being, sports, massage, etc.).
- Home office allowance.
- Fully remote & flexible working hours.
- Equal pay policy.
- Equal maternity, paternity, adoption leave (18 weeks) after 1 year of seniority.
- Maternity/Paternity/ Adoption subsidy of 3k euros after 1 year of seniority.
- Stock option plan.
- Health insurance compensation a one-to-one basis, depending on geographical location & company's policy.
- Additional benefits depending on the geographical location.