Headquarters: Rockville, MD
CommunicateHealth is a growing health communication firm with a passion for health literacy and human-centered design. Our mission is to improve lives by designing health information that’s easy to understand and use. CommunicateHealth team members are committed to this mission — and to helping each other do big things every day. Together, we create inspiring solutions that transform the way people think about health.
You’re an experienced manager and communicator with a passion for public health. You have experience planning and implementing health communication initiatives and programs — delivering successful outcomes on time and in budget. You set others up for success by assigning tasks with clear expectations and provide support and guidance along the way. You enjoy working independently and collaboratively, are skilled in giving and receiving feedback, and enjoy supervising and mentoring others across a diverse, multidisciplinary team. The most competitive candidates will have experience working in a consulting environment and managing contracts.
What you’ll do
- Own the design of brand-centric digital and print health communication products within a multidisciplinary team, and deliver high-quality results on time and within scope
- Actively participate in weekly design review meetings, bringing a collaborative mindset and solutions-oriented approach to feedback
- Successfully create, maintain, and follow design processes, including preparing production files for handoffs, quality control checklists, and more
- Contribute to the development of accessible and functional branding products and campaign design strategies
- Present design deliverables to clients, clearly articulating choices and solutions
- BA in Graphic/Web Design or similar field
- Minimum 5 years professional visual and web design experience — with hands-on experience working with developers to implement designs
- Understanding of and experience creating brands from the brainstorming phase through to product implementation
- Expert knowledge of Adobe Creative Cloud products and working knowledge of Figma preferred
- Strong communication skills and great attention to detail
CommunicateHealth is committed to workplace diversity and providing equal employment opportunities for all qualified applicants and employees. We proactively seek out diverse perspectives and apply them to strengthen our work and our employee experience.
At CommunicateHealth, we acknowledge that our employees are the best and brightest, and we want to compensate you accordingly!
- Open paid time off policy
- 401K with 3% company match
- Comprehensive health, dental, and vision insurance plans (CH pays 85% for individuals and 80% for families and couples)
- Parking and commuter reimbursement (Rockville office)
- Up to 6 weeks paid parental leave (up to 6 additional weeks of unpaid leave) and flexible schedules for working parents
- Life insurance base plan of $50,000
A healthy social and emotional work environment
- Flexible schedules, including Summer Fridays
- Weekly all-staff Creative Time
- Standing desks
- Gym membership reimbursement (included with company-sponsored health insurance plan)
Personal and professional development and training
- $1,500+ of professional development annually
- Company support for applying to and presenting at professional conferences
- Individual coaching and mentoring, including access to CH principals
- Pro-bono and community work that align with the CH mission
- Company-sponsored trainings throughout the year
- Compensation $62,000 - $95,000
**As federal contractors, all employees will be required to provide proof of their COVID-19 vaccination as a condition of employment.
To apply: https://weworkremotely.com/remote-jobs/communicatehealth-visual-designer