Headquarters: London - Dubai - Johannesburg
As a DevOps Engineer at Paymentology, you will be working closely with the entire Technical Team to build enterprise-level, highly scalable, highly secure financial processing systems. Our systems power tens of millions of transactions and tie them to web, mobile and API interfaces so that it is easy for people to issue, redeem and reconcile prepaid cards all over the world.
What you get to do:
This position requires in-depth knowledge of Terraform, Kubernetes and Gitlab, as well as best practices for application deployment and cloud computing (either AWS or Azure). You will need to communicate about architectural trade-offs and design options, so that Paymentology can make informed decisions.
You will work closely with our product owners, application engineers and the Security Team to identify and implement process improvements on the deployment, security and self-service nature of our infrastructure.
You will also need to drive these ideas and projects from inception to completion.
Be part of improving our solutions through:
- Design, architecture and support pipelines for deploying cloud infrastructure
- Using DevOps principles to improve the flow of application change through to cloud environments
- Deploying computational workloads and pipelines on Kubernetes
- Preparing and delivering technical presentations that explain products or services to clients
- Providing hands-on subject matter expertise and ensuring that the tooling to deploy and manage our infrastructure is automated, secure and easy for our developers to use
- Participating in the identification and evaluation of new technologies and development of new services
- Supporting the core infrastructure for our existing test and production environments
- Participating in a 24x7 on-call rotation to assist other engineers in quickly debugging and resolving production related issues
- Identifying and collecting metrics that allow the Product Development Team to pinpoint areas for improvement and measure change
What it takes to succeed:
- 8+ years of experience in software development and solution architecture
- Accomplished in leveraging cloud services (either AWS or Azure) and best practices in terms of their application
- Accomplished in Terraform, Infrastructure as Code Configuration management tools, CI/CD tools and Monitoring tools
- Passion for identifying constraints or bottlenecks in engineering lifecycles and automating them
- Experience managing and maintaining system performance, scalability, manageability and security requirements for mid-to-large scale programmes
- The skills to research, analyse, design, propose and support the delivery of solutions that are appropriate for Paymentology’s business and technology strategies
- Willingness to partner with development and operations teams to develop practical automation solutions and custom modules
- The ability to troubleshoot automation issues and find practical solutions that move projects forward promptly
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- The ability to interact well so that you can be involved with client negotiations and interface with management
- Experience with Agile methodologies
- A passion for learning new things and solving problems
- Strong organisational skills and the ability to, independently, execute work tasks in a rapidly changing, fast-paced environment
- An eye for security and a demonstrated understanding of how to operate pipelines at scale, while maintaining the security and integrity of sensitive data
This is a full-time, remote contractor position and we are looking for candidates in Europe. Working flexible hours is essential for our remote team to function.
To apply: https://weworkremotely.com/remote-jobs/paymentology-devops-engineer-1