The COE/CIS Information Technology Service Group (ITSG) provides administrative, faculty, and research IT assistance to the College of Engineering, Computing and Information Science, and Cornell Tech in partnership with Cornell’s Central IT unit. Within the ITSG group, the enterprise Applications andReporting team provides data delivery, reporting, business intelligence, data capture, and workflow toolsneeded to help administer these two units. The primary responsibilities of the Applications Programmer III position are:
Support Existing Apps
Data Delivery and Reporting
Business Analysis, Advising, and Project Management
Responsible for implementing methods to keep 500+ client machines and 30+ servers up-to-date and operational, monitoring network and server health, prevention of virus and malware outbreaks, and investigating improvements to procedures and technology using current best practices.
* Built Sharepoint-based intranet
* Upgrades and Migrated from Exchange 2003 to Exchange 2010 for over 500 users with minimal user impact
* Implemented mature backup solution
* Configured centrally-managed Antivirus
* Built 30+ site Cisco ASA VPN network
* Virtualized an entire data center of physical servers into one rack
* Set up Windows Deployment Services infrastructure to rapidly deploy/redeploy client machines
* Upgraded and configured large wireless infrastructures
* Configured several RDS Terminal servers and developed a VDI infrastructure
* Created offsite data backup systems
* Kept all workstations and servers up to date
* Created and maintained company website
* Implemented SEO and social media outreach programs
* Created custom appointment and proposal system
* Used new technologies to reduced time to create customer bid by 75%
Techendeavors Startup Factory project resulted in a passive income business that sells gift cards and services for Bitcoins. The website generates enough income to fund my ongoing sabbatical. Built in PHP with custom Bitcoin payment processing backend. Over $1,000,000 worth of product sold without any losses due to hacking or double spends. Sold in 2016.
Techendeavors Startup Factory project. Directory of Laravel programming resources. Attempting to find ideal monetization method before sale.
Techendeavors Startup Factory project. Directory of known Bitcoin thefts and losses throughout history. Attempting to find ideal monetization method before sale.