Refurbishment and re-branding of Principal hotels, De Vere estates and Partner hotels across the UK. New brands included: Principal Hotels, De Vere Estates, Smart Space.
The Principal Hotel Company owns and operates over 50 landmark buildings across the length and breadth of the U.K, comprising of Principal in city centres and De Vere, modern, country estate hotels with mansion houses at their heart, both of which are currently undergoing an extensive refurbishment project, which is the result of a £200 million investment.
Projects included: infrastructure cabling, system deployment, IPTV, door lock systems, CCTV, ePOS, AV for meeting, conference and events spaces, refurbishment and re-branding. Managed properties: Principal Edinburgh Charlotte Square, Principal Edinburgh George Street, Blythswood Hotel Glasgow, Grand Central Hotel Glasgow, Principal York, Principal Manchester, Principal London, St David's Hotel Cardiff, Staverton Estate, Wokefield Estate, Beaumont Estate, Latimer Estate, Grand Connaught Rooms London, Wotton Estate.
• Systems Deployment: Pilot and deploy IT solutions with ease. Alteco offers a broad array of planning, design, and implementation services to help accelerate system deployment and successfully execute your business strategies. You can take advantage of proven industry expertise in product assembly, testing and integration prior to install.
• Hospitality IT Support: With an extremely keen understanding of the pressures involved in operating a hotel, Alteco provides flexible help as and when you need it. Whether there is a need for full-time professional input or just help with a specific problem, the service will be tailored to your particular requirements and amended to suit your business needs.
• Disaster Recovery: Alteco understands your concerns when there is assistance needed to restore your vital business data, which you fear to lose in the event of server breakdown or any other technology failure. We provide our customers immaculate disaster recovery solutions, which could recover your valuable data and save backup to virtually any disk-storage device.
• Support and Maintenance: Alteco provides excellent, fully scalable IT support service for small to medium sized organisations. Let us manage and maintain your network and your servers, letting you focus on your core business. From network support to remote backup and disaster recovery, Alteco has a planned flexible IT support solution to meet every budget and time frame.
Duties performed: Infrastructure Manager, IT Consultant (provided by Alteco IT Ltd)
Management of multi-site IT infrastructure, including network, servers, VMware environment, SAN storage, VOIP telephony, MS Exchange, SharePoint, multiple business applications, databases, integration and interface.
ITIL based management of Infrastructure team of three engineers and coordination with helpdesk team on incident resolution and system deployment.
• Automated user management workflow, including data synchronisation between HR system, EBS and Active Directory
• Email migration from onsite MS Exchange to Cloud based Office 365 mail hosting
Responsible for planning, executing, and finalizing custom software as a service model using bespoke .NET, PHP and Ruby applications to deliver media monitoring and CDSA accredited secure video encoding/ streaming and distribution services.
- Tracking and reporting on the status of projects to stakeholders
- Ensuring that all elements of a project are executed accurately and within budget
- Establishing milestones, anticipating issues, and monitoring adherence to project scope, schedules and requirements
- Trouble-shooting software, hardware and database issues.
In charge of mixed technology environment:
- OSX, Linux & Windows, LAMP, WAMP, IIS - XSAN, SAN, Hyper-V
- Cloud infrastructure (Microsofr Azure and Amazon) - A/V editing and distribution
Project management and systems implementation of all Hotel systems, from initiation to successful implementation and hand-over. Gather, analyse and create planning of business requirements.
- ICT Infrastructure: Structural cabling for all data, WiFi and telephony, including close to 2000 Cat6 endpoints (horizontal structural cabling) and more than 100 fiber optic backbone points (vertical structural cabling). All together, provided coverage for hotel floors up to level 52. Design and implementation of three main IT Plants and on-floor distributed cabinets.
- Audiovisual Systems: Design, supervision and delivery of the following Audiovisual systems:
* Audio Visual infrastructure for the Hotel.
* Public music system, based on Cobra NET streaming and Biamp systems distribution.
* Digital signage system based on Spinetix hypermedia players.
* MATV system based on Televes technology. Procurement, purchase and deployment of Samsung TVs for guest rooms.
- PABX, Network and Wireless: Design, procurement, purchasing, project management, implementation and delivery of PABX, network and Wireless system for the Hotel.
PABX: Fully IP-based, Alcatel-Lucent technology with hospitality features and 800 endpoints. Integrated with Vtech hospitality telephones.
Network: CISCO managed segmented network with high availability and redundancy.
Wireless: Aruba based system with 100% coverage of all Hotel areas, including lifts.
- Hospitality Systems: Procurement, design, purchasing, project management and delivery of hospitality computer systems for the Hotel: Opera Property Management System by Micros, Micros 9700 Point of Sales System by Micros, XPress Check-In by IJWS, Systems for Sales and Marketing: Delphi.fdc, EZYield and SynXis, FCS modules: UBIS, WinVoice, e-Connect+ and m-Connect, GoConcierge, Superclick for guest HSIA, OpenTable booking system
Project management and systems implementation on a corporate level. Work with internal teams, supervise SLAs of outsourced companies and manage suppliers.
* Participated in domain migration and OS upgrade of domain controllers to Server 2008,
* Improved stability and security of systems by implementing centralized WSUS with local on-site replicas for Windows updates to servers and workstations,
* Improved corporate data availability and security by installing, configuring and monitoring a global DFS solution and backup (using Symantec Backup 2010) across corporate WAN,
* Participated in global IT systems change project in all Mint hotels and their integration into Hilton group.
* Gather, analyze and create planning of business requirements,
* Manage network and hotels systems, including ~90 servers and 800+ users (desktops, laptops and BlackBerries) across nine sites via telephone consultations, remote system access and site visits,
* Maintenance and configuration of corporate infrastructure: AD (including replication fine-tuning and monitoring), DNS, GPO, DHCP, Exchange 2007, VPN, VMware ESX/ESXi v4.5, Symantec Backup 2010, Citrix XenApp, Sophos AV/Proxy.
* Migration of old and legacy servers to Windows Server 2008, 2003 and Virtual solutions (Hyper-V),
* Improved deployment and enforced Corporate IT policies and procedures via Group Policies and Proxy,
* Network segmentation: Increased security and performance of systems by improving LAN architecture and introducing managed switches and network segmentation,
* Improved network security by introducing centralized antivirus update via McAfee ePolicy Orchestrator and critical system updates to workstations and servers using Windows System Update Services (WSUS),
* Reduced workstation set-up time by 80% by introducing Windows Deployment Services (WDS) for streaming OS system implementation.
* Implement corporate IT policies and procedures,
* Maintenance, administration and configuration of servers: Windows Servers 2003 R2 and 2008 R2 (AD, GPO, DNS, DHCP, WSUS, WDS, Hyper-V), Opera Hotel Edition v5, Micros 9700 HMS v3.6 SP2, Lotus Domino v7.0.3 and 8 (on-site server and ~300 clients, part of global Domino Directory), Triton,
* Provide technical assistance and advice to hotel management.
* IT infrastructure for a start-up design company,
* Network project and implementation, Web services and Website design,
* IT consulting.
* Established and implemented corporate IT policies and procedures,
* Created local IT policies and strategies to increase efficiency, stability and performance,
* Migrated Opera Property Management System from version 3 to 4.
* Servers maintenance, administration and configuration: Windows Servers 2003 R2 (AD, DNS), Opera Hotel Edition v3.0.2 and 4.0.05, Micros 9700 HMS v2.80.39 and 3.20 SP2, Delphi v9.2.1, iScala v2.3, Lotus Domino v6.5.4 and 7.0.3 (on-site server and ~200 clients, part of global Domino Directory), Hotel Expert v5.0, Multitech System v4.5, Pylon Anywhere, Bartech,
* Provide technical assistance, advice and training to the hotel management and employees,
* Lead and mentor a team of IT assistant, IT coordinator, two network and two telephone engineers,
* Supervise SLAs of outsourced companies and manage suppliers,
* Assist in the provision of IS related services to hotel guests.